- I miss teaching preschool more than I could have imagined and am always full of more crafty ideas than I could ever have time to create, so blogging is an outlet to remember the things I have done, share great ideas with others, and CREATE. I get so excited about trying new things, and finding ways to make old ideas new. This translates into a deep love of Pinterest and a following of some incredible bloggers that I admire. In fact, even though so many ideas have already been thought of, making them work for you is what makes them unique and special.
- I love planning almost any kind of event. Birthday parties, baby showers, holidays, dinners, anniversaries…I just love to help with a good celebration!
- I feel most blessed when I am with my whole family. As a child, my mom was a single parent and I learned early that family isn’t who you are related to, but instead it is who loves you during your good times and the times when you are not-so-perfect-and-shiny.
- After eleven years of laughter together, I can’t believe that my husband and I love each other more and more as the years go by. PLUS, we have two healthy and incredible children that we love more than life. Sometimes I want to pinch myself! I cherish snuggling my babies, date nights with my super sexy computer geek, occasional time alone, and lunch and shopping with my best girlfriends.
- I will give anyone a chance once but not often twice…and, as a Christian, I constantly struggle to be more forgiving of myself and of others. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I say what I feel, I sometimes put my foot in my mouth, and I am always trying to be a better person/mom/wife/friend/sister.
- I learned from my mom that if you are going to do something, you ought to do it the right way the first time. So, I don’t cut corners and I hold myself to a standard that is sometimes hard to achieve. I believe that sometimes doing the right thing is doing the hard thing, but it is worth it.
- I always think I am going to exercise more but I never really do. I am an incredibly quick reader and I love books but don’t read them as much as I wish. I cry a lot during sad and happy moments, as well as movies. (Embarrassing but true: I couldn’t stop sobbing after the movie “The Notebook”, and the employees from the theater had to clean around me as I tried and failed to compose myself enough to finally leave the theater…talk about awkward.)
- I am not the greatest cook but I am a baker, and I am always eagerly learning more about cake and cookie decorating.
Please feel free to share any and all of the ideas on my blog for your personal use, with proper credit to me. I will always try to credit sources and appreciate all feedback from you!
Lastly…I hope to always continue to laugh at myself whenever possible and remember that life is beautiful, so it is never worth it to cry over a little spilled milk!